“Nothing worth anything in life is ever easy”
This is something that I often say to people, and it defines the very principle by which I live my life. Life is the most worthwhile thing in the world, and is therefore the most difficult.
As I have posted about recently in my article about New Year’s Resolutions, I have suffered many personal issues this past year that have really pushed me from my path of becoming a professional journalist and photographer. Because, life is not easy.
I have made it very clear to myself, my friends, my family, and my readers, that this year I have every intention of finding a balance between my personal and professional life, and earning money from my photography and journalism.
It is not going to be easy, at times it will be darned hard, but it is going to be really worthwhile. So, as Barney Stinson of the How I Met Your Mother television series has said many, many times…
I am breaking down my target into short-term, more achievable goals
- Advertise my services
- Gain 200 Likes on my FaceBook Page
- Update website to have price list, references, etc, to encourage potential paid work
- Send selection of works from photography and journalistic Portfolios to magazines and newspapers for consideration of publication
- Brainstorm ideas and write enough “short and sweet” articles to set up the Blog to publish one every week for two months. This will develop my ability to write shorter articles and within a time limit.
- Type up the interviews from Euro Gamer Expo 2012 and publish them
- etc, etc, etc – more targets on the way soon!
I shall be posting updates on my progress, which you can follow in my Personal Progress Blog category, Subscribe to my updates with the ‘Stay Informed’ button on my starting page, ‘Follow’ me on my Twitter, or ‘Like’ my Fan Page on FaceBook.
If you have any comments or suggestions to help my in my task, I encourage you to Comment or Message me.
Image credit: Offset-Zero of deviantART